E-Marketing & Social Networking Intern
Media Projects, Inc. has need for an E-Marketing & Social Networking intern. Candidate must meet the following job requirements.
- Assist with promotions and community outreach programs.
- Learn the operations side of the distribution business.
- Learn the different marketing and outreach techniques of film distribution.
- Help create materials for media reviewers and web site promotions.
- Outreach to community-based and academic organizations including academic reviewers and conferences.
- Produce and mail promotional materials, paste up reviews and maintain department databases and mailing lists.
- Perform extensive online subject area research.
- Update and design press kits including the following: paste-ups, research for reviews, photo scans and upkeep of promotional files.
- Research new opportunities and contact various list-serves and media arts organizations for promotion and publicity of non-theatrical screenings.
- Perform general office tasks, including copying, filing and mailing materials.
- Strong research skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and good verbal and written communication skills necessary.
Films in Progress
"Every Shoe has a story. Every woman has both." SOLE SISTERS will be a documentary film about women's lives seen through personal stories about their shoes. Anchored by the film, Media Projects will develop a multi-media platform with educational and entertainment experiences that include the web, theater and publishing opportunities.
The Battle For Our Neighborhood
Tells the human impact of development over the past 15 years in a Dallas neighborhood. Its story can be repeated in other cities around the country.
JOHN KIZELL: A Slave Fights Slavery
Recounts the heroic life of John Kizell - seized from his African village and brought to Charles Town, S.C. as a slave in 1773. Eventually, he returned to Africa as a free man to fight the slave trade.